quarta-feira, 26 de junho de 2013

SUZANNE VEGA


A&M - 395 136-1 - edição portuguesa (1987)

1

Tom's Diner - Luka - Ironbound/Fancy Poultry - In The Eye - Night Vision

2

Solitude Standing - Calypso - Language - Gypsy - Wooden Horse - Tom's Diner (reprise)

In the Ironbound section
Near Avenue L
Where the Portuguese women
Come To see what you sell

No dia 21 de Março de 1988, no hotel Tivoli, em Lisboa, entrevistei Suzanne Vega para o programa de televisão "ViváMúsica", de Jorge Pego, e lembro-me de ter perguntado a razão da citação das portuguesas.

Nenhuma, respondeu-me.

Para castigo, autografou-me dois LPs.

No mesmo dia, com bar aberto, a Polygram deu uma festa no Loucuras (ex-Jardim Cinema) para a entrega de um disco de ouro a Suzanne Vega pelas vendas de "Solitude Standing".

LPA

2 comentários:

ads disse...

Why did you write about the Portuguese women in your song Ironbound? they wanted to know. Because I had seen some Portuguese women in the Ironbound section of Newark, New Jersey, near where I live, and that they looked very beautiful and womanly to me, and that it made me feel that I was in a romantic and warm place far away, like Lisbon. When I sing that line on stage, all eight thousand people in the audience in Lisbon, or Oporto, or Cascais, cheer and scream and sing along happily. They wave their arms and celebrate.

(...)

http://www.suzannevega.com/impressions-of-portugal-by-suzanne-vega/

ads disse...

Ouvi ontem na TSF um entrevista ao Lloyd Cole em que ele comentou que gosta muito de Lisboa (o que não é novidade) e que mais ou menos nessa altura foram recebidos no aeroporto pela televisão.